Talking about your work is hard for any artist or maker, but when you're also an introvert, the idea of “sharing your work” can feel totally overwhelming. In today's episode I'm going to share my tips on marketing for introverts.
In this episode:
- What it means to be an introvert (it's different than feeling shy)!
- How to get comfortable with the idea of connecting with your Right People, when you prefer to be alone.
- How to build a marketing plan that respects your needs.
- My CreativeLive class is rebroadcasting this week. Catch Session 3 on 10/10, starting at 9 am and playing all day. (Or buy it and get access any time!)
- Market Yourself
- My interview with Introvertology
- Traveling for Introverts episode
- Quiet, by Susan Cain, is my favorite book on the subject of introversion (and it's only $2.99 on the Kindle!)
How to listen
- You can subscribe to it on iTunes (If you do, leave a review!)
- You can listen to it using the player above or download it.
- Subscribe or listen via Stitcher (or subscribe in whatever you use for podcasts – just search “Explore Your Enthusiasm” and it should pop up!).
Find all the podcast episodes here.
If you'd like some help crafting a marketing plan that is custom-suited to your introvert preferences, sign up for Craft Your Marketing and we'll work through it together!
Get the worksheet now
Are you struggling to share your work in person, on social media, or in your descriptions? Get the free worksheet to Talk About Your Work (without being weird) plus a (free!) e-course on marketing effectively.