Books and Guides
Map Your Business ($24 + shipping)
Set a goal. Make a plan. Follow through. It all sounds easy enough when you say it like that, but doing it is another story. I’ve put together all my tools and questions to guide you through getting clear, breaking it down, and regularly reassessing, into the new book, Map Your Business. This book is the combination of my New Year planning system (exclusive to my online community since 2010!), the Map Making Guide, and the monthly review sheets I use each month to stay on track. You can order the print copy right here or find it on Amazon in print or Kindle.
Market Yourself ($26.95 + shipping)
Get a signed copy of my book, Market Yourself. Learn how to talk about your creative work (without feeling weird), pick the marketing tools that work for you, and craft a marketing plan that works. Learn more here.
You can also buy the book on Amazon! (It’ll come directly from the publisher, so it won’t be signed.)
Take a Break (without breaking your biz!)
There are so many reasons you might need to take a break from your biz: marriage, parenthood, emergency medical situations, long-term care needs of family members, and more! In my newest guide, designed in partnership with Stacey Trock of Fresh Stitches, we'll talk about how to systematize and streamline your business now to make it possible to take leave from your biz at any time in the future, without having to shut it down altogether. This workbook includes lessons, worksheets, a webinar, and a bonus guide for taking maternity leave. Read more here.
Craft an Effective Blog ($24)
Learn to make your blog effective for your handmade business goals in this workbook I co-created with Diane Gilleland of CraftyPod. Packed full of lessons + worksheets to help you build the blog you want. Read more here.
I partnered with the folks at CreativeLIVE to produce four online classes. Click the title of each one to learn more or sign up!
- How to Talk About Your Work – You are the expert on your products and your story. Learn how to turn that story into a marketing message that communicates the value of your handcrafted products in a compelling and memorable way.
- Build Your Customer Path – As a crafter you have plenty of admirers, yet persuading someone who is interested in your work to become a paying customer is no small feat. Learn how you can create a customer path that gets the people who love your products to pay for them again and again.
- Create the Right Plan – The world is awash in good marketing ideas. The key to success is having a concrete marketing plan that aligns with your goals. In this class, I will help you structure a plan that is just right for the way you want to do business.
- Marketing for Crafters Bundle – Get all 3 of the above-listed classes in one discounted bundle!
- How to Get More Done – Stop fretting over the limited number of hours in a day and get to work – the smart way! In this class I lay out a simple action plan that will help you manage your time, your business, and your family life more efficiently.
Craft Your Marketing ($299)
Craft Your Marketing is a 5-week e-course packed with lessons and worksheets to help you learn how to talk to your customers and share the awesomeness of your products without feeling weird about it. You’ll finish the course with a fully-formed marketing plan and the confidence to know what to say about your work and where to engage with your customers. Read more here.
Pay Yourself ($299)
Do you know when and how your business can start paying you? Get clear on your break-even point, your pricing, and your profit in Pay Yourself. It'll be re-released (and updated!) in April 2017. Sign up here to learn more.
The Starship ($999)
Owning your business can make you feel isolated, but you don’t have to go it alone. The Starship is a community of like-minded creative business owners who are charting their own paths and supporting one another along the way. Membership in The Starship includes access to all of my classes + programs, including the Lift Off series of classes, along with weekly (live) check-ins, monthly (live) Q+As, and our Accountability Partner Program. Click here to learn more.