Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Connecting with others, from colleagues to gatekeepers to your buyers, is at the foundation of a successful business. In our internet-based businesses, it's increasingly easy to connect shallowly – liking a post, favoriting a tweet, following or friending – but you gotta get deeper than that, to build real working relationships. I write and speak a lot about building those relationships with your buyers, but how do you connect in a meaningful way with your colleagues and gatekeepers (editors, publishers, etc)? Especially if you're an introvert?
In this episode we'll talk about:
- How to reach out in a non-icky way to those you want to connect with
- How to follow up without feeling like a loser
- How to fit this connection into your week so it doesn't suck up all your energy
- My story for “Who You Know” (from 4 years ago!)
- Diane's story for “Who You Know”
- There's no secret handshake
- You DO need community.
- Assume the best
- Connect with me on the Facebook page
How to listen
- You can subscribe to it on iTunes (If you do, leave a review!)
- You can listen to it using the player above or download it.
- Subscribe or listen via Stitcher (or subscribe in whatever you use for podcasts – just search “Explore Your Enthusiasm” and it should pop up!).
Find all the podcast episodes here.