Every day is an adventure. I share the view, the gratitude and the news on Fridays – you’re invited to join in. You can find all my adventures here, or follow along via email here.
I am so grateful for…
- A fantastic visit with my family + my newly-graduated brother!
- The fact that when I visit my family, I get to also swim in the ocean.
- The systems that allowed everything to run smoothly while I was totally offline.
- The brilliants craftspeople at LegoLand for inspiring me to not be afraid of big, crazy projects. (That photo of the NYC skyline above? All legos, to exactly 1:20 scale)
- Diane's post on if it's “worth it” to write a craft book reflects what many of authors have told me. If you're dreaming of the glamour of writing, definitely read this.
- Kyla shares her journey with General Anxiety Disorder and Depression so beautifully and clearly, and provides awesome resources.
- This photo project of the dual lives of mental illness is awesome and reflects the reality of many of the makers I work with. You're not alone, friend. (Also: there's a fiber artist featured!)
- Spaghetti and the amazing meatballs from Isa Does It.
- Roasted acorn squash, black beans, and quinoa, all topped with the fantastic chimichurri in Isa Does It.
- A great baked tofu sandwich (also shmeared with that chimichurri)
- Awesome food around SoCal: Veggie Grill, Naked Cafe, Peace Pies, SubZero and, of course, Angelo's.
In case you missed it:
- This is exactly how I kept everything running while I was out of town.
- The post on how I schedule social media has become a reader favorite, already.
- If you're a fiber farmer in the area, come to Shephard's Forum in December, where I'll be talking about how to best market your farm.
What adventures have you had?