Every day is an adventure. I share the view, the gratitude and the news on Fridays – you’re invited to join in. You can find all my adventures here, or follow along via email here.
I am so grateful for…
- Libraries and my favorite librarian!
- Real, honest conversations with loved ones.
I’m obsessing over:
- My Great Books Project is coming together. Making an official announcement about it today over at the Facebook page (where the majority of the project will unfold). In order to see updates, it's not just enough to “like” the page, you also need to “follow” it (to get notifications), or just be sure to like/comment/share on my posts. SpaceCadet Stephanie explains it well here.
- Yahaira's awesome BlueSand Cardigan. I spent the last week trying to get it out of my mind, but I finally gave in and got some Plucky to knit it up. (I‘m still looking for a pale gray if you have a suggestion!)
- All that project-obsession got me thinking about my stash, so I cleaned it all out (it fits on two tiny shelves in one of those cube-y shelves, in a closet) and gave a few skeins away (there's still one left here). Now my Ravelry stash reflects my actual stash and order reigns once again.
- Allyson's Midwestern Knits project! (I'm a Midwesterner, after all.)
- Pesto Cauliflower with breaded tofu, from Isa Does It. I loved it, Jay said, Meh. (It helps if you're as addicted to cruciferous vegetables as I am. I would eat roast cauliflower in every meal. Or broccoli. Or brussel sprouts! YUM!)
- Nachos, with (vegan) Chorizo, refried beans, our home-grown tomatoes, and the nacho cheez sauce from Bake + Destroy.
In case you missed it:
- This week we talked about money and enoughness and how to get going without any, on the blog, podcast, and email lesson. I got a lot of “thank you SO MUCH!” messages and a higher-than-usual amount of unsubscribes. Did you love it? Hate it? I'd love to know! (By the way, I don't plan on changing anything based on unsubs – I think they're a good metric of my success: I'm talking directly to my right people + the others aren't interested. Which is a good thing.)
- The newest episode of the Handmade Podcast came out! I announced the only place to buy my yarn, if you've been hoping to snag it.
What adventures have you had?