Every day is an adventure. I share the view, the gratitude and the finds on Fridays – you’re invited to join in. You can find all my adventures here, or follow along via email here.
Today officially begins my holiday! You won't be hearing from me in your inbox or on the blog until next Friday. (The exception is the Early Boarding Party – they are getting the Lessons of 2013 e-course, for free.)
I'll answer all emails from customers + the Starship-curious and I'll be welcoming in new Captains within 24 hours. But all social media replies, chatty emails and the such will be on hold. (You can follow my holiday shenanigans on Instagram.)
Take this moment as a chance to set your own holiday boundaries.
What do you want to do?
What do you not want to do?
How can you make it easier to maintain your boundaries?
(Hint: turn off all notifications, beeps, and pings. Check it when you want to.)
I am so grateful for:
- The joy a few strands of twinkle lights bring.
- Enthusiasm. Following it.
- Creating something new + wonderful + appreciated on a whim + a hunch.
- The brave new Captains who beamed up this week.
A few of the recipes we made this week
- Alicia's Adzuki beans + kabocha squash – ridiculously simple + surprisingly tasty!
- Smitten Kitchen's Garlicky Lentil soup, with vegan Italian sausage
- Pumpkin sauce over noodles, kale, and vegan Italian sausage (inspired by this)
And for family merriness (aka, vegan sweets for non-vegans. Even 14 year old boys approve!)
- Isa's Ginger cookies, from her cookie book
- Isa's Rosemary Chocolate Chip cookies
- Isa's Pecan Pie
- Chickpea Harvest tart
- Vegan Cheddar Cheeseball
(Why yes, I will do anything Isa Chandra says! Feel free to send me her newest cookbook!)
Need something to entertain you during the holiday quiet?
- Check out the stories from your fellow explorers. They share what it's really like to be a full-time crafter!
- Do you really want a business? – my guest post on Fresh Stitches.
- Five benefits of starting an art career later in life (it's not too late!), found by my mom.
- Watch videos to inspire your creative biz success
- Go read a book!
Don't forget! The Starship + Solo Mission are both boarding now, and close soon!