I follow my enthusiasm by reading…a lot. And once a month, I share (some of) the books I read last month and the books I intend to read this month. You can join the informal book club by sharing your own list in the comments and find all the posts here.
What I read
- Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert. This is this quarter’s Starship Book Club pick. I LOVED it. I highlighted it like crazy. If you're a creative, get it and read it. Please.
- Steal the Show, by Michael Port – Pre-ordered it on my Kindle, to read before my teaching gigs, and I learned a few things I implemented in my recent classes.
- Why Not Me, by Mindy Kaling. Funny + quick!
- You're Never Weird on the Internet, by Felicia Day. Super encouraging autobiography, for internet-nerd gals.
- The Confidence Code by Katty Kay. This book is inspiring my current #BizConfidenceChallenge! I learned a lot, and it cleared up a lot that I've experienced with my clients (and myself)!
- Man's Search for Meaning, by Victor Frankl. This is part of my #greatbooksproject (reading all the books I missed in high school and college) and it was just beyond description. It begins as the story of Frankl's experiences in the concentration camps during WWII. But it's somehow not dark, but completely hopeful. As the book continues, he begins to tease apart what pushed some people to survive and find peace during the atrocities.
The quote that will stick with me:
“The last of human freedoms – to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.”
What I’m reading
- The Big Leap, by Gay Hendricks
- The Little Spark, by Carrie Bloomston
- Sand, by Hugh Howey was available on Kindle Unlimited so I snagged it, because I loved Wool.
What I read last November
And the November before that
What are you reading?
The usual disclaimery disclaimer applies!