Every week is an adventure…and this week was Sandy, Holiday Sanity and CraftLit. Past adventures can be explored here.
Making it about more than us.
This week was completely swallowed by Holiday Sanity. And feeling…conflicted about talking about the holidays when so many people are struggling to put their houses (and lives) in order. So I asked myself: What's worth talking about right now? And the answer is clear: When Holiday Sanity is more than just me and you…when it makes a difference for people who don't even know us. And so, $5 from every Kit goes right to the Red Cross. Or donate directly.
I got to talk to Heather today, about crafting a season full of meaning, while ditching the culturally-imposed stress. It's the highlight of my day because Heather gets it. And she's got the best voice ever. AND she's reading Jane Eyre on her podcast, so you can “read” my favorite classic while knitting, painting or packaging up orders. Subscribe to her podcast right here.
I had video funtimes (aka, an Exploration) with Steph this week and yeah, she's exactly as awesome as you'd guess from her work. She threw a Rockstar Geek Wedding and she's humble, hilarious, and on my must-stalk list. Get to know her on Twitter and then buy your nephew (or me!) a Kirby, mkay?
- LOVE this Dr. Who holiday card by Amy (and not just because I wrote the “dialogue”)
- Cassie interviewed me! And called me a guru! Read it here.
- Elise shares some super-practical insight into how she's scaling up her crafty business. If you haven't done these yet, DO THEM!
- Trying out Sulia for a kind of tiny craft-blogging (details about my projects, progress, etc), details here. Are you trying it? Liking it?
- I am finding myself described perfectly in Susan Cain's Quiet, so I was delighted to find this illustration of a bit of it.
How was your week? What were the delights?