Super exciting news guys: over the last month, I have confirmed FOUR in-person events for the next 6 months. You can see the full list here, but today I want to tell you about the closest one. (Want reminders about all upcoming events, both online and off? Sign up here!)
On October 16-17, I'll be at the School House Craft Conference in Seattle, WA! You can grab your tickets here.
I'll be teaching:
Pay Yourself – find the profit and sustainability in your business
Craft your Customer Path – how strangers find you, fall in love with you, and become raving fans
Get More Done – how to get what matters done, no matter how much time you have.
I am SUPER excited! Not only to teach on my favorite topics, in one of my favorite cities, but to get to hang out with the fabulous people who will be there! Y'all know I love Kim Werker and Marlo Miyashiro (Marlo hired me to teach my first-ever live class, for EtsyRAIN, 3 years ago. I was, uh, in need of improvement), and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to get to know the other teachers better.
And more than THAT, I'm THRILLED at the chance to see YOU! So if you're in the Seattle area, I'd love it if we can meet and hang out at the conference!
If you're going, be sure to say hello and tell me you're a reader!
Every day is an adventure. I share the view, the gratitude and the finds on Fridays (usually) and you’re invited to join in. You can find all my adventures here, or follow along via email here.
I spent last week teaching and exploring in Boston, and even though it's not Friday, I wanted to share a few of my adventures while it's still fresh.
I am so grateful for…
The people who made my time lovely, inspiring, and well worth it:
- The students in my Wednesday workshop. They were funny and honest and brave and helped me remember that we all feel like we haven't made it yet.
- The entire staff of Gathere Here, especially Virginia – for making it happen -and Maggie for charging my phone and letting me feel like a normal knitter for an hour.
- Ana, for dreaming up this trip and picking a topic so many people really did want and for taking a whole day to tour me around Salem.
- Abby, for driving to meet me for coffee and having a fabulous conversation about money, reality, and her vision. Her blog is an awesome resource of big-issue-thinking for crafters – read it!
- Guido, for taking me on a dog walking tour of Cambridge. There is nothing as inspiring as someone truly passionate and Guido is – about his neighborhood, the fiber community, and his adorable dog. Also, he gave the best food recommendation of my trip.
- The staff of Veggie Galaxy, for the free milkshake, and for being an excellent example of how to use twitter for your business.
- Jess, who kept everything running while I was away. I never could have taught three workshops the week after the largest Starship Boarding if it weren't for her flexibility, organization and encouragement!
What adventures did you have last week?
If so, I wanna meet you!
Boston is one of my favorite cities to visit (did you know my book launch party was in Boston?) and I'm so delighted to be returning. While I'm there, I plan to eat at Veggie Galaxy, drink lots of coffee, and meet some of the most creative creative businesses around!
I'll be in Boston from October 1-4 and I've got a handful of ways we could hang out:
- Take a my class at Cabot Street Studio
- Attend a my workshop at Gather Here
- Have a cup of coffee with me
You can RSVP to any (or all of these) here. And if you've got a friend in the area, I'd love it if you shared it with them. Just send 'em here.
Are you near Boston? Think you can make it?
Leave a comment and let me know!
Eep! I'm so excited to invite you to my first-ever live, in-person workshop!
Find your Right People: How to woo + keep more customers
Whatever you call them, your business needs them.
Those people who love your work and feel a deep thrum of recognition when they see your newest creation.
These are your Right People.
They are the ones you buy from you, rave about you and support you.
With your Right People, you don’t have to wonder.
You know they’ll love what you make.
You know what you make will sell.
But how do you get Right People?
And once you have them, how to get them coming back?
In this one hour workshop, you'll discover WHO you want in your business and HOW to get them there. The class will include instruction, worksheets and plenty of time to ask your specific questions. We'll cover:
- Finding Right People
- How to let your Right People know they are right for you
- How to keep them happy + satisfied
- Any questions you have about your Right People
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Phinney Neighborhood Center
6532 Phinney Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103
Price: $35.00 per person
Got questions? Ask 'em in the comments.
Ever get an idea and just DO it?
Right away in a flush of inspiration and excitement?
Well, that's what happened in a quick flurry of emails between Diane and me, yesterday afternoon.
We decided to do something we've never done before, and we don't ever do: Answer your questions live, for free, on air.
Tomorrow, at 10a PST/ 1p EST we're going to hold a live Hangout On Air. Watch it here.
We'll both be sharing what we've learned from our own experience of blogging, and we'll be answering your questions about making your blog effective for your business.
To get in on the action:
- Watch the video, right here. We'll livestream the conversation on the class page. So come back here at 1pm EST on Wednesday to watch.
- Ask your question off-air (in your pjs, even!) below in the comments or on Twitter. Just put #effectiveblog in your tweet between now and tomorrow 2pm EST and we'll answer it!
- Tell your friends you're chatting! Click below to share on Facebook or click here to tweet.
Our Special Guests include:
Want a step by step system for making your blog effective?
Join the class. In it, we answer all of your questions with depth and consideration…and you get the fabulous feedback of a classroom full of other craftybiz smarties. Sign up here.