Every day is an adventure. I share the view, the gratitude and the news on Fridays – you’re invited to join in. You can find all my adventures here, or follow along via email here.
I am so grateful for…
- A lovely weekend with my family, exploring Nashville
- The Moves app, it's totally changing my days
- Clarity of purpose. Is there anything better than knowing that you're doing what you should be doing?
- The patience of Jay, Mom, and my friends while I freak out over what I'll wear (and how I'll do my hair) for my CreativeLIVE class. It's so obviously the least important aspect, and yet the one I talk about the most often.
- Diane's inside-look at what it's like to write (and edit!) a craft book with a traditional publisher.
- How Elise uses Instagram in her business. Her podcast on social media is great too!
- Randomly Happy's amazingly easy How to Sew a Dress series. I think I'm going to try it!!
(I share my favorite meals as they happen, on Instagram. Since there's always at least one person who wants the recipe…here they are!)
- An amazing burrito: Ancho Lentils + rice (made with El Pato) + fresh greens, salsa, and Tofutti sour cream.
- Basil pesto over gnocchi with (vegan) Italian sausage. YAY BASIL.
- Everyday Pad Thai.
- While in Nashville, we had coffee at the so-hipster Barista Parlor and lunch at the (all vegan) Wild Cow.
In case you missed it:
- I had a great conversation with Mei, of Tiny Hands, about how she got her work on a popular TV show (and in many magazines and blogs!)
- Next week I'm sharing a much-requested (free!) mini-course on How to Say No. Get the whole thing in a handy PDF (with worksheets!) here.
What adventures have you had?
PS. The beautiful embroidery of birds, above, was made by my great-grandma. You can see the whole thing in the header of my mom's shop here. (Did you know you can get wool from her sheep?)