Each season I make a little list of the pleasures I want to soak in. I call them manifestos, but they’re really just love letters to the season. These seasonal lists are my own little things-to-do-before-the-moment-passes.
I hope to keep listing these, every Thursday, as a reminder to soak it in over the weekend (and as a mid-week cheer-up).
After 2 weeks of endless travel (in order: plane, bus(ses), train(s), car, trolley, truck, plane(s)), I am so grateful to have amazing friends and family to visit and a snuggly family to come home to.
This coming week I want to stick close to home and enjoy all the local treasures:
- Photographing my new shawl (pictured at the top of the post) and listing it as my first pattern for sale!
- Local library. I LOVE my library and have a summer reading list a mile long (you can keep up with my book lists on Goodreads)
- Johnson City Farmer's Market. I list this nearly every week, but I am very much looking forward to berries (for more jam!) and peaches (more pies!).
- Tomatoes! Our tomatoes are just starting to come off the vine and I know the farmer's market is going to be overrun with them. We're going to try canning sauce for the first time and I am so excited!
- Preserving summer's harvest. Jam! Sauce! Fresh salsa!
What summery goodness will you be enjoying this weekend?