I follow my enthusiasm by reading…a lot. And once a month, I share (some of) the books I read last month and the books I intend to read this month. You can join the informal book club by sharing your own list with me on Facebook and find all the posts here.
(The usual disclaimer applies.)
What I read
- Hillbilly Elegy, by JD Vance – Oh man. This memoir really hit home. The author grew up just a few miles from where I did, but above that his home situation was similar to mine. The way he places it all in a social and historical context really helped me process it all in a new way. Basically, until I write my memoir you can read JD's and get a good view of my early life.
- Vlog like a Boss by Amy Schmittauer – As I've scaled up my video production (and hired a producer/editor!) and am looking at marketing the comic book shop, I wanted to read a book that tells me exactly what to do. This is a good overview of what exactly to do.
- Moonglow by Micheal Chabon – This novel has stuck with me even though it feels a bit slow at times. Very character-driven, with a plot that unfolds before you even know it's happening.
- Jane Steele, by Lyndsay Faye – a fun retelling of my favorite book, Jane Eyre. If you're into the ninja nun assassin novels I read a few months ago, you'll like this.
- The Vegetarian, by Han Kang – a super creepy novel.
What I’m reading
- #AskGaryVee, by Gary Vaynerchuk (listening to it on Audible)
- Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Watchmen by Alan Moore
- I'm Judging You, by Luvvie Ajayi
I need some more recommendations! Tell me on Twitter or Facebook!
Here’s to another great month of reading!
What I read last March.
And in March 2015, and March 2014!