I follow my enthusiasm by reading…a lot. And once a month, I share (some of) the books I read last month and the books I intend to read this month. You can join the informal book club by sharing your own list in the comments and find all the posts here.
What I read
- Smarter, Faster, Better, by Charles Duhigg
- The Great Vegan Protein Book, by Celine Steen – Ok, so the title isn't all that compelling, but this book has more recipes-i'll-make-again than any book I've tried in the last year. The Caribbean tofu was inspired by one of our fave restaurants, Nine Mile, and it turned out delicious. We're buying this one, for sure.
- Prep, Sisterland, and American Wife, by Curtis Sittenfeld – I've been on a Sittenfeld kick, as I waited for my copy of Eligible to come as part of my new Book of the Month membership!
- SuperBetter, by Jane McGonigal – Oh man, this was an instant classic, I'm going to be referring to it and the studies it highlights about how to pursue a life you want again and again. A lot of it's lessons found their way into #monthofbizlove and the Starship voted to make it our reading choice for the informal book club!
What I’m reading
- Sprint, at the suggestion of Joeli (You know we're doing an event together, in Manchester, England, right? Join us here!)
What I read last June.
And in June 2014 (Oh, wow! I read another Charles Duhigg book exactly 2 years ago!)
What are you reading?
I could use some recommendations! What are you reading and loving right now?
Disclaimer-y Disclaimer! Or course I’m biased when my friends write a book, but I don’t mention things I don’t like. Read the usual disclaimer here.