I follow my enthusiasm by reading…a lot. And once a month, I’ll share (some of) the books I read last month and the books I intend to read this month. You can share your list of books in the comments, or we can talk about any of the books that you want to read along with me.
What I read in August
I was completely, unexpectedly delighted by Start. This book says all of the things that I tell people who want to craft their dream business: Just Start. Make a map. Experiment! If you're feeling stuck or just not sure what to do next in your business or dream, read this book!
Another BIG winner this month was Diane’s Quilting Happiness. I'll have a full review later this week, but for now I'll just tell you – go buy this book! It's great!
Maya Angelou's Mom & Me & Mom was short and sweet and full of her inimitable prose. A lovely read.
I read Dad is Fat in a day. Hilarious (although I recognized quite a few of the “essays” from Gaffigan's stand-up routine…which I love.) If you don't know who this guy is, his two recent specials are on Netflix. (Jay thinks he must be a long-lost older brother. His sense of humor is just SO me…and we're both frighteningly pale.)
(And there were more, but not worth talking about. You can find all the books I read onGoodReads)
September's To Read List
- I've already finished Stephanie’s not-quite-released yet novel. AND I LOVED it. Totally addictive!
- I think I first heard of Barbara Corcoran via Erika Lyremark, so I added a few of her books to my reading list. Use What You've Got came in at the library, and it's great!
- Right now I'm reading The Art of the Book Proposal and Deep Writing, both by Eric Maisel.
- The local book club picked Boy's Life. I have no idea if I'll like it, but I want to join the group, so I'm going to try it!
- After watching (and loving) this video (and using it in Explore You), I've been meaning to read Shawn's book!
- Heather wrote a book! With a knitter in it! (She shared it with the Starship, so I got an early copy.) You can pre-order yours here.
What are you reading this month?
What was your favorite book of August?
Disclaimer-y Disclaimer! I was given a free copy of Stephanie’s book. But I’m not in any way coerced into saying nice things. Or course I’m biased when my friends write a book, but I don’t mention things I don’t like. (I bought Heather + Diane’s book.) Read the usual disclaimer here.