Every day is an adventure. I share the view, the gratitude and the news on Fridays – you’re invited to join in. You can find all my adventures here, or follow along via email here.
For this weekend only, shipping on a signed copy of my book is $5, no matter where you live. I'm gonna change it on Monday (it's a mistake! Shipping Priority to Europe costs $20+!), but until then, grab it here. (Note that this doesn't apply if you buy it from my publisher or Amazon…because I'm not in charge of their shipping!)
I am so grateful for…
- Snow days, and what I'm learning from them.
- Cozy dinners on a cold day.
- How #yearofmaking is inspiring me to work on my projects a bit every day.
- Finalizing dates + cities for my World Tour.
I just love these “Rules for Living Online” from Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge.
“Don’t Share What You’re Not Ready to Hear Feedback On
The internet is a two-sided street. You’re not talking in a vacuum and you’re not talking only to people who agree with you. So if you want to rant about something, be prepared to hear from people who disagree. If you want to expose something you’re deeply sensitive or unsure about, be prepared to have people challenge you on it. If you’re not ready for that, it’s not the right time to share that thought.”
I spent the first part of the week obsessing over creating my own DIY planner (I just can't find one to suit me, and while I love my journal for weekly planning/daily to-do lists…I need some place to track future plans.) iHanna's pages look perfect. As do the (many) downloads from AhhDesigns. I'm going to experiment (of course!) and report back.
Quilts! I'm back to geeking out over them. Especially this St. Louis 16 patch, Quilt Improv (I really really want it!), and everything at Red Pepper Quilts + Stitched in Color. And my mom texted me (again!) to thank her for the Christmas gift of Quilting Happiness (here's why I loved it).
Recipes we tried this week:
- Pesto soup with gnochhi, beans and greens. This is a long-time favorite!
- Pillowy pancakes are the perfect thing for a slow, snowy Saturday morning.
- Roasted pepper mac + roasted brussels
- Pad Thai (a monthly staple!)
- Coffee cake – a basic, kinda plain cake. I'll make it again with blueberries or more spice.
How was your week?