Yay! Today I’m thrilled to have my very first podcast guest: Claudine Hellmuth!
Claudine’s an author, illustrator and designer, who’s been featured in The New York Times, The Martha Stewart Show, HSN, HGTV and more! I first picked up her first book waaay back, 10 years ago! I was delighted to talk to (and learn from!) someone who’s navigated many opportunities and options(licensing, publishing, etsy shop) in her art career and how she gets it all done.
We talk about:
- The path to her first book deal
- The truth of licensing deals
- The importance of celebration in your art career
- The difference between making for committee and making what you love
- “People buy your joy”
- How Claudine spends her days (and the productivity “rule” she breaks)
- Being the World’s Best Boss
- What we’re enthusiastic about! (It may surprise you!)
Links we discussed:
- Claudine’s first book
- Her line of paints with Ranger + embroidery kits
- The ADORABLE cupcake oven printable kit
- IDoneThis – a tool for feeling better about your day
- World’s Best Boss Mug
- The new class: Composition for Collage
- Claudine’s Pinterest board of recipes (and mine)
You can find more about Claudine, her work, and her blog at CollageArtist.com.
(Don’t forget – if you love the show, leave a review on iTunes and Instagram or tweet what you do while you listen and tag it with #exploreyourenthusiasm)
How to listen
- You can subscribe to it on iTunes (If you do, leave a review! This helps it spread!)
- You can listen to it using the player above or download it.
- Subscribe or listen via Stitcher (or subscribe in whatever you use for podcasts – just search “Explore Your Enthusiasm” and it should pop up!).
- If you want to get all the blog posts, email lessons + links to the podcast in your inbox, subscribe via email.
Find all the podcast episodes here.