Welcome to a new little weekly thing I'm starting, in an effort to bring more of my real self, my every day life to this space. Each Friday I'll share pictures (from Instagram), my favorite links (I usually tweet them), and whatever else I think you'll like. This is totally inspired by Colleen and Elise*.
My fortune, an unexpected deer, onesies with lyrics from concerts the mom + I went to, a photo-book of things I love, just a bit of the fiber in my living room.
The words + places
- I'm talking about translating your awesomeness into something your people can understand (FAB!) on Rena Tom.
- That post reminded me that I wrote a slightly different take on FAB in this book review.
- I'm experimenting with momentum and enthusiasm instead of productivity.
- This week has been peppered with lovely emails from readers of Market Yourself. If you've read it, feel free to tell me about it! Better yet, leave a review on Amazon. Thanks!
- This article in Fast Co. about why Millennials don't buy stuff is very encouraging for making things with meaning.
- My favorite new music video (and I don't have cable, so I pretty much don't know anything about any other music videos)
- I just love this conversation between Sarah + Ronna about faith and how it fits into our online conversations
- A great video on framing embroidery, from Sublime Stitching. I plan on doing this, this weekend!
*Elise's blog is the first new one I've found (and become addicted to) in a long, long time. She's a fabulous example of a creative entrepreneur who share's her Elise-ness and thus, attracts her Right People.
That's it for me, but what about you?
What adventures have you had this week?
KylieJuly 20, 2012 at 2:13 pm (11 years ago)
I love this new thing! Much good stuff here. Thanks for sharing Elise’s blog; I have a feeling it’s going to become a favorite for me, too. Those onesies just gave me a pang of nostalgia for high school; my GOODNESS I loved Dashboard Confessional!
Tara SwigerJuly 20, 2012 at 2:38 pm (11 years ago)
Thank you, Kyeli! Thanks for weighing in, because I was nervous & shy to start this, and I so needed the encouragement.
And YES! Dashboard! The baby’s mama and I went to so many of his shows together, and scream/sang our heads off. (Other lyrics came from the Indigo Girls cd I bought her as a reward for breaking up with her jerk boyfriend.)
LauraJuly 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm (11 years ago)
Oo! Do you have deer hanging out around your place, too? I love them! There’s a family of deer that lives in my neighborhood so I get to see them all the time and it makes me happy. HAha 🙂