As I’ve been spending most of my weekends with quilt in hand, making tiny, tiny handquilting stitches, I’m a little woozy with the quilting bug. Here’s a bit of the inspiration that led me down this rabbit hole:
- I’ve seen a lot of quilts made from blue jeans (in fact Crafting a Green World just posted about them), but this is my very favorite.
- Amanda makes excellent use of some old sheets.
- Jane is the reason I believed I could handquilt my very first quilt, and this post is the reason I wanted to.
- Alicia’s quilt is really the first that struck me as something I both wanted to make and wanted to own.
- The insight into Lisa’s quiltmaking (art making!) is remarkable.
- Malka’s post on quiltiness convinced me (before I even started) to make this quilt as “quilty” as possible.
I’m 7 out of 12 blocks, and then I’ll do a few rows around the border, and then it’s time for the bias tape (which I hear is pretty fun).